Re: [O] Asynchronous mobileorg push/pull

From: Bingo UV
Subject: Re: [O] Asynchronous mobileorg push/pull
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:42:56 +0530

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:33:23 +0100
Sven Bretfeld <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can just use a cronjob like:
>
> */10  *  *  *  *  emacs --batch --load ~/.emacs --eval
> "(org-mobile-pull)" --eval "(org-mobile-push)"
>
> This executes the whole process in the background with another
> instance of emacs running in batch-mode.
>
> Sven

The problem with this is that the other instance of emacs writes
org files and the main instance of emacs then warns quite rightly about
files on the disk changing outside of that emacs. Isn't there the
danger of losing data with this mechanism? Or am I missing some simple
defense against such data loss?

org-mobile-push could have been a read-only operation on the org
files, but it creates the PROPERTIES drawer if missing. org-mobile-pull
obviously writes into org files. So my fear is that in the worst case
both of these can cause data loss. Does that make sense?

thanks