Re: [O] adding attributes to tables in results

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] adding attributes to tables in results
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 13:52:27 -0500

I am running a search committee of 5 people. As applications come in, an
org heading is created for each application, and I run a command to send
one of the committee an email with a review rubric in it, and this
command creates a subheading to put their review. We have 275
applications so far, so I am using code to aggregate results into tables.

Now, I am generating reports that show what each person has reviewed. In
the report, I make a table for each person in a code block that
constructs the data for that person. I don't want to manually modify the
results because there will be a lot of tables, and I have to update this
reasonably often.

HEre is what generates the table, it is a function that returns a list
of results which on its own renders as a table just fine.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
(happ-reviewer-table "address@hidden")
#+END_SRC

would ideally output something like:

#+RESULTS:
#+tblname: kitchin-reviews
#+attr_latex: :environment longtable
#+caption: Reviews by Kitchin
| the | table | I | generated|

from a data result from my function that looked like:

(table
 '("#+tblname: kitchin-reviews" "#+attr_latex: :environment longtable"
 "#+caption: Reviews by Kitchin")
 '(the table I generated))

i.e. of the form (table attrs data)

And even better, on rerunning the code it would correctly replace it. I
usually accomplish this with :results raw and some tedious printing to
get what I want. That way is annoying to rerun because of the manual
removal of the output.

I just made up the syntax, and no doubt there are many other ways to
achieve it. That is what I had in mind though.

The tip Charles gave works for export, but the tables do not look too
good for me in the org-document unless I run C-c ' on them to get them
in org, and I also want them functional in the org-buffer too.