[O] long running processes

From: Tom
Subject: [O] long running processes
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:04:43 -0800

When I run Python code in a session from Org mode and the execution takes a while, the cursor changes to a wait cursor. In addition, the session window doesn't display any intermediate output until the execution has finished.

Is there any way of changing this behavior? I would like to start long-running functions from within org-mode and see the progress of the computation as it happens.

Tom