Re: [O] Allowing loose ordering in Org files

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Allowing loose ordering in Org files
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:20:52 -1000

> Hello,
>
> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is the hook he is requesting a difficult thing to implement?  Would it
>> be possible to describe the customization variable in a "Super User"
>> section that is clearly not for the faint at heart?
>>
>> I'm not suggesting anyone should implement a hook or create a
>> customization variable, I'm just curious (and unable to figure out
>> answers on my own).
>
> I really don't like the idea of making Org /syntax/ customizable, would
> it be with the help of a hook or a variable.

OK.  IIUC, John's options if he wants to continue using Org mode are to
run org-repair-property-drawers, craft a defadvice to change how
property drawers are identified, or use 8.2.

I've found org-lint helpful in keeping old Org mode files functional,
but my files are much less structured than John's seem to be.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye