Re: [O] Changes to contrib

From: Serge Kosyrev
Subject: Re: [O] Changes to contrib
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 23:44:26 +0300

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
> Kosyrev Serge <address@hidden> writes:
[..]
>> I don't know what is the proper way to submit patches for the contrib/
>> directory, so I made a branch on github:
>>
>>   https://github.com/deepfire/org-mode/commits/ox-taskjuggler-fixes
>>
>> Please, do tell how you would like to proceed from there.
>
> Please see
>
>        http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html
>
> TL;DR: git format-patch.
>
> Do you have signed FSF papers?

No, didn't.

> I don't know if there's any desire to move ox-taskjuggler.el to core,
> nor whether it would be possible (since I don’t know if "tj" and
> Baptiste have signed FSF papers).

I'm not sure how wise it would be to raise barriers for contribution,
given the current state of the thing..

> Some quick comments from skimming your code (note, I have no idea what a
> taskjuggler is):
>
> I don’t know what you refer to explicitly.  But that should be fixed, I
> guess.

I'm sorry, what should be?

> I think you add some more taskjuggle keywords/properties for
> example.

[...]

> Also, you introduce a dependency on subr-x, which may or may not be an
> issue since it’s in contrib.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what do you mean?  I looked at subr-x.el, and
I didn't find any reference to any of those functions..

> org-export-map-special-nodes and org-element-multivalued-property are not
> proper names, as they will supposedly only be used in ox-taskjuggler.

Well, the functions themselves are supposed to be generic.

There are two ways to name a function, in my mind:

  - by intended application
  - by what it does

..it's just that I chose the second.. in the futile hope that someone,
sometime will move/use them. : -)

If you deem it not to be an appropriate course of thought, I will
change the name, sure.

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Сергей