Re: [O] ox-html HOWTO? exporting #+RESULTS inside div

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: Re: [O] ox-html HOWTO? exporting #+RESULTS inside div
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 19:45:50 +0000

> > Charles, Thanks again for you suggestion.  Alas, using 'header-args
 > >:wrap org-results-container' has the unforeseen (by me) side effect
 > >of masking my use of `#+ATTR_HTML :class dataTable` on selected
 > >exported tables (which I use to allow for search/sortable/scrollable
 > >tables).  Now, the ':class dataTable' attribute is placed on the new
 >
 > > Do you have any thoughts on how to accomplish both my goals (apply
 > > :class table to selected results, and making ALL results be
 > > addressable using javascript.  FYI - My application is to hide all
 > > source blocks on html open.  Clicking on a source block caption
 > > shows the source.  This provides an HTML view that hides the source
 > > until desired.  My recipients of such analysis write-ups really like
 > > this.
 >
 > [snip]
 >
 > > # #+PROPERTY: header-args :wrap org-results-container
 > > #
 >
 > This creates a special block and attributes on the results will apply
 > to it - not its contents.
 >
 > What you want can be obtained by creating a different special block
 > and then applying a filter. So, wrap like this
 >
 > #+PROPERTY: header-args :wrap org-results-container-to-filter
 >
 > and add a filter to `org-export-filter-special-block-functions' that
 > strips the 'to-filter' and adds the `dataTable' where it is needed.

Hi Charles - ok - you've got me looking at ox aspects I've not yet explored....
good!

If I understand your suggestion, the filter you propose would need to somehow
"know" which tables I desire to be adorned with `class :dataTable`.

How do you reckon I might declare that?

Upon reflection, I wonder if following source block header syntax might rather
be considered "in the spirit of things" and worthy of implementation:

        #+begin_src R :exports value table :prefix '#+attr_html :class
dataTable'

which would be interpreted by ob-sbe (somehow) to emit and
        #+attr_html :class dataTable
Immediately prior to the #+results, all of which might be further :wrapped.

Or am I putting the cart before the horse?

Reminder (in part to self): my goal is two-fold
 (a) declare to the ox-html exporter a :class (i.e. dataTable) to adorn
selected exported results tables
 (b) have a means of addressing the exported html results of a code block
allowing to conditionally hide or expose it (i.e. toggle exposure when user
click on the export source code.  This is what "> #+PROPERTY: header-args :wrap
org-results-container" provided for me, except that the introduction of the new

Cheers,

Malcolm