Re: [O] Babel: How to call code in one org file into another org file

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Babel: How to call code in one org file into another org file
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 07:09:53 +0000

On Saturday, 31 Oct 2015 at 16:51, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:
> I guess I'm saying that the whole `org-babel-lob-ingest` into
> `org-babel-library-of-babel` exercise should make code ready and available.

But it does.  There are two levels here: the babel codes and the results
of the codes.  If your babel codes are emacs which define functions,
these latter functions are not available until the babel codes are
executed.  However, the babel codes are now there and ready to be
executed by name.

I would not want ingest to execute the codes for two reasons: many of
the codes do not make sense without special arguments and there may be
many such codes.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3.2-215-gb4af3f