Re: [O] small caps

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] small caps
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:25:49 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

2015ko urriak 29an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hello,
>
> Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> do we have a syntax for the "small caps" text attribute in Org?
>
> No, we don't.
>
>> If not, should we?
>
> We cannot have a syntax for everything. A macro can probably replace
> missing syntax.

This is true.  But small-caps are meaningful in a variety of contexts,
and they are not a truly new syntax (requiring extra code in the parser),
but rather can be handled exactly as the other emphasis markers.  (They
would require support from the exporters of course.)

There’s also no rush.  Maybe we could revisit the question of adding
small caps after the emphasis changes you indicated in the roadmap
thread are decided on.  Those might change the cost:benefit evaluation
for adding this feature.

(FWIW, I’d be in favor of the addition unless some major new consideration
is introduced by the emphasis changes.  A good proportion of the documents
I write in Org use small caps somehow.  It would be good to know for how
many other users that is the case.)

--
Aaron Ecay