Re: [O] problems with export and :cache

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] problems with export and :cache
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 15:14:23 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

2015ko urriak 29an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hello,
>
> Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The simple patch attached to this message fixes a bug that my testing
>> indicated was responsible for erroneous re-evaluations at least some
>> of the time.
>
> Thank you. A minor comment follows.
>
>> (cons :result-type  (cond ((member "output" result-params) 'output)
>> ((member "value" result-params) 'value)
>> (t 'value))))
>> -     (org-babel-get-header params :var 'other))))
>> +     (loop for item in params
>> +       unless (memq (car item) '(:colname-names
>> +                                 :rowname-names
>> +                                 :result-params
>> +                                 :result-type
>> +                                 :var))
>> +       collect item))))
>
> Using `loop' here is, IMO, over-doing it. You can use instead, e.g.,
>
>   (org-remove-if
>    (lambda (item)
>      (memq (car item)
>            '(:colname-names :rowname-names :result-params :result-type :var)))
>    params)

OK.  I’ll push this to maint later today.

> Another option is to extend `org-babel-get-header' to accept a list of
> keys instead of a single key.

I’d like to remove this function, actually.  I hate the org functions
that do X most of the time, but the opposite of X when you pass them
an optional argument (in this case the third arg ‘other’).  Almost
all (a couple dozen in total) of the calls to o-b-get-header are in
the context (mapcar #'cdr (org-babel-get-header params :var)).  I’d
like to introduce a function org-babel--get-var-values to cover these
cases, and replace the remaining 2 calls in the codebase (which both
extract :column-names) with assq (since :column-names should appear
maximally once, unlike :var).  The sole use of the evil 'other arg is
refactored away by my patch.

Thoughts?

--
Aaron Ecay