Re: [O] pdflatex not found?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] pdflatex not found?
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:12:07 -0400

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

>> Sorry. It's OS X 10.10.5, using GNU Emacs 24.5.1
>
> I thought so.
>
> OK - you have pdflatex in the terminal? If yes, you have to bring the
> PATH from the terminal into emacs. I use
>
> I use the package exec-path-from-shell for this (and use-package in general):
>
> (use-package exec-path-from-shell
>   :ensure t
>   :config
>   (exec-path-from-shell-initialize)
>   (exec-path-from-shell-copy-env "LC_ALL")
>   (exec-path-from-shell-copy-env "LANG")
>   )
>
> so
> (require 'exec-path-to-shell)
> (exec-path-from-shell-initialize)
>
> should do this.

Thanks, Rainer. This also raises a question:

If I run emacs from Finder, which shell governs its behavior? I use both zsh
and tcsh in iTerm 2. (

I think I have tcsh set as my default, but I haven't figured out how to get
Ruby/Rails, etc. running from there, so I still use zsh
for some development.)

Thanks!
-pd