Re: [O] pdflatex not found?

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] pdflatex not found?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:43:40 -0700

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, Myles English wrote:

John Hendy writes:

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Peter Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm trying to export PDF from org, but I'm getting the error:

pdflatex: Command not found. [3 times]

I've checked the definition of exec-path, and it includes "/usr/texbin", which
is where tcsh tells me the executable is.

Someone else might have a better answer, but can you check your system
itself first? I'm guessing "exec-path" is an Org/Emacs variable?

Just try:

$ which pdflatex

Or

$ pdflatex --version

That would be my suggestion for starters. At least then you know it's
definitely not your system/setup (my bet is that it is, though).

John

Any ideas?

Thank you!

-pd

pd,

After trying what has alreaddy been suggested you might try putting your
cursor after the last bracket of this and pressing C-x C-e to see what
emacs thinks your shell PATH environment variable is set to:

(getenv "PATH")

If you can't see the correct path in there then it should probably be
set in ~/.profile or equivalent for tcsh rather than in ~/.tcshrc (I
don't use tcsh so I just guessed that filename).

Or put something like

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setenv "PATH"
     "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin")
#+END_SRC

in your init file.

HTH,

Chuck