[O] subject tree listing from publish

From: Greg O'Keefe
Subject: [O] subject tree listing from publish
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 18:56:18 +1030

Hi,

I keep a directory of notes as .org files, and use publish to generate .html from them.  This produces sitemap.html - a table of the #+TITLEs, and theindex.html built from #+INDEX entries I have added.

I would like a third summary .html page which lists the notes organised in a tree by subject classification, where the subject classification is something like the ACM Computing Subject Classification or the Dewey Decimal system, or some cut-down version of these.

The result would look a bit like this, where the _underlined_ items are links to notes.

Information Technology
    Software and its Engineering
        Modelling Languages
            _Dynamic Logic for UML Sequence Diagrams_
    Computing Methodologies
        Knowledge Representation
            _Translating ACL to FOL_

Reading the  manual, it looks like I could use TAGS to give the notes subjects, and use these to do searches over the whole project in emacs.  This, and the way theindex.html is produced by including a simple looking theindex.inc text file makes me think that the solution may not be very hard. However, my lisp is very weak :-(

Any suggestions or code most welcome!

Cheers,

Greg