[O] org-map-entries on heading?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] org-map-entries on heading?
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 20:11:04 -0400

I have been exploring org-contacts a bit, and variations of ways to
collect entries using org-map-entries.

This gets me a list of contacts that have cmu in the email property and
that have a LASTNAME property that starts with K.

(org-map-entries
 (lambda ()
   (org-entry-get (point) "EMAIL"))
 "EMAIL={cmu}+LASTNAME={^K}"
 org-contacts-files)

Not all my contacts have a LASTNAME property though, sometimes the name
is in the headline.

Is there a way to test the ITEM special property in
org-map-entries? I gathered from
http://orgmode.org/manual/Special-properties.html that ITEM should
contain the headline with stars, but it doesn't seem to be accessible
in org-map-entries. Thanks.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F