Re: [O] Export datetree item subtree with its date, not the file's

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Export datetree item subtree with its date, not the file's
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 03:33:08 -0400

Hello,

address@hidden (Göktuğ Kayaalp) writes:

> Hi,
>
> This is my  first post to this  group, so I'm sorry if  I'm skipping any
> conventions.

Welcome to the list.  Sorry for the lack of responses to your post.
It's a high traffic list, and sometimes posts fall through.

> My overall structure is like this:
[...]
>     #+DATE:
>     * 2015
>     ** 2015-09 September
>     *** 2015-09-16 Wednesday
>     **** İtalyanca Dil Uygulamaları I :2015_2016:ITDE2016:
>     [2015-09-16 Wed]
[...]
> When  I export-subtree  the bottommost  entry, I  want the  date in  the
> exported pdf  to be 2015-09-16,  not today,  nor the date  in "#+DATE:",
> which is  deliberately empty to  not let a wrong  date to appear  in the
> exported file.
>
> I tried  setting a date property  which didn't have an  effect, and also
> adding a "#+DATE:  [a date...]" under every lecture  note entry heading,
> in which case the  date of the last entry in the file  got used, so if I
> exported the notes from 2015-09-16, and the last time I added a note was
> the 19th, the exported file had the date 2015-09-19.

Have you tried the EXPORT_DATE property?  I believe it'd look something
like this

    * 2015
    ** 2015-09 September
    *** 2015-09-16 Wednesday
    **** İtalyanca Dil Uygulamaları I :2015_2016:ITDE2016:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :EXPORT_DATE: 2015-09-16
    :END:

which you could export using with export scope set to "subtree".

--
Kyle