[O] Bug in latex export figure labels?

From: garjola
Subject: [O] Bug in latex export figure labels?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 18:21:11 +0200

Hi,

I am having issues when exporting to LaTeX using labels in figures. The
following snippet

> #+CAPTION: Comparison                             >
> #+NAME:      fig:irreg2                           >
> #+attr_latex: :width 0.9\textwidth :placement [H] >
> [[file:irregular_red.png]]                        >

gets exported as (see the label)

> \begin{figure}[H]                                        >
> \centering                                               >
> \includegraphics[width=0.9\textwidth]{irregular_red.png} >
> \caption{\label{fig:orgparagraph1}                       >
> Comparison}                                              >
> \end{figure}                                             >

instead of

> \begin{figure}[H]                                        >
> \centering                                               >
> \includegraphics[width=0.9\textwidth]{irregular_red.png} >
> \caption{\label{fig:irreg2}Comparison}                   >
> \end{figure}                                             >

I noticed this when updating the melpa package to the latest one. Using
the git repository I have tried several versions of org-mode and the
"bug" was introduced between release 8.2.9 and release 8.3.

Since I am a little bit surprised that this has not been noticed, I am
reluctant to say that this is a bug, but the same file gets exported
differently with these 2 releases.

I have also tried to change +NAME to +LABEL and the result is the same.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Garjola

--