Re: [O] [BUG] R src blocks untabify literal constant TABs

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] R src blocks untabify literal constant TABs
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 09:39:47 -0700

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

The main culprit is `org-do-remove-indentation', which doesn't need to
untabify the buffer in order to proceed. I changed that in master. It
should go a long way towards fixing the issue.

Is there any case left to fix? If there isn't, is the current
documentation accurate enough or do you think it needs to be improved?

If `org-src-preserve-indentation' is nil, then embedded (not just leading/trailing) tabs in src blocks are converted to spaces when `org-edit-src-code' is called or when exported. Not sure I would call this a bug.

If that is not deemed a bug, the docstring needs to mention that embedded tabs get converted.

Apart from that, the documentation needs to reverse this in 14.2:

"may replace sequences of spaces with tab characters"

as it is spaces that replace tab characters.

Best,

Chuck