[O] Multiple capture templates in file

From: tenspd137 .
Subject: [O] Multiple capture templates in file
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:35:40 -0600

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to store multiple capture templates in a
file, have several files of related templates, and then load all the
files stored in a directory.  For example, lets say I have two
projects at work WorkProject1 and WorkProject2.  Then I have two files
in a directory org-templates called WorkProj1Templates.el and
WorkTemplates2.el.  How can I append the templates in these files to
or capture templates?  In my main .emacs, I have:

(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory
"/default.org") "Tasks")
         "* TODO %?")
        ("j" "Journal" entry (file+datetree (concat org-directory
"/journal.org"))
         "* %?\nEntered on %U\n")))

I would like to then load the template files in org-templates.  That
way, when a project ends, I can just yank the templates.  I have
experimentally tried using add-to-list with org-capture-templates
without success.  Either that can't be done or my syntax was wrong?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Another idea is that I could just have templates that take a
parameter.  I have found how to do this out on the web.

Any suggestions on which would be easier?

Thanks!

-C