Re: [O] Multiple capture templates in file

From: tenspd137 .
Subject: Re: [O] Multiple capture templates in file
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 00:45:14 -0600

So - I figured it out.  I wanted to create a list that ultimatley had the form:

'(template template sub-menu-label sub-menu-template)

In the scratch buffer, I found I was creating

((("p" "product") ("pt" "Product - Todo" entry (file+headline ...
"Tasks") "* TODO %?")) ("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline (concat
org-directory "/default.org") "Tasks") "* TODO %?") ("j" "Journal"
entry (file+datetree (concat org-directory "/journal.org")) "* %?
Entered on %U
"))

and the same with

(add-to-list 'org-capture-templates '(("p" "product") ("pt" "Product -
Todo" entry (file+headline
(concat org-directory "/product.org") "Tasks") "* TODO %?"))

what I really wanted to do was add each element seperatley:

(add-to-list 'org-capture-templates '("p" "Product") 1)
(add-to-list 'org-capture-templates '("pt" "Product Todo" entry
(file+headline (concat org-directory "/product.org") "Tasks")
                     "* TODO %?") 1 )
with the ones to append to the end of the list instead of beginning.

and then I thought there must be a better way - and there was - I came up with:

(setq org-capture-templates (append org-capture-templates '(("p"
"product") ("pt" "Product - Todo" entry (file+headline

(concat org-directory "/product.org") "Tasks") "* TODO %?")) ))

and stuck it in a test.el file.  I loaded it at the end of my org-mode
configuration in .emacs and I go the submenus I wanted.  I think I
figured it out and have the recipie for what I want to do.

This is probably basic stuff for everyone here, but I hope putting it
in email may make it searchable for someone later.  Thanks for all the
help, suggestions and ideas!

-C