[O] (org-element-context) :end property

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: [O] (org-element-context) :end property
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 11:37:27 -1000

Aloha all,

I've started to use John Kitchin's unlinkify function, which he posted
to the list last year.

(defun jk/unlinkify ()
  "Replace an org-link with the description, or if this absent, the path."
  (interactive)
  (let ((eop (org-element-context)))
    (when (eq 'link (car eop))
      (message "%s" eop)
      (let* ((start (org-element-property :begin eop))
             (end (org-element-property :end eop))
             (contents-begin (org-element-property :contents-begin eop))
             (contents-end (org-element-property :contents-end eop))
             (path (org-element-property :path eop))
             (desc (and contents-begin
                        contents-end
                        (buffer-substring contents-begin contents-end))))
        (setf (buffer-substring start end) (or desc path))))))

However, I get different results depending on whether the link ends with
a space or a character, e.g.

Foo [[http:www.tsdye.com][desc]] bar.
Foo [[http:www.tsdye.com][desc]], bar.

Foo descbar.
Foo desc, bar.

How can I fix this?  I'm guessing that org-element-context sets :end
differently depending on the character following the link?

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye