[O] 'org-switch-to-buffer-other-window' prevents customisation of pop-up

From: Hassan Dar
Subject: [O] 'org-switch-to-buffer-other-window' prevents customisation of pop-up buffers by binding key variables [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ c:/Program Files/emacs/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 10:29:44 +0100

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

As seen in the following StackExchange questions:

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/14817/how-to-control-where-the-org-todo-keywords-buffer-displays

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/17112/prevent-org-todo-pop-up-window-from-displaying-in-new-frame-dedicated-window

The org-no-popups macro (which is leveraged by 'org-switch-to-buffer-other-window' let-binds key variables such as
"display-buffer-alist" to 'nil'.

This ultimately prevents a user from
customising pop-ups generated by org in the same way they would with
other pop-up windows.

(have not shared my org-config as it is not really relevant to the issue here -- others are also seeing the same problem per the stack exchange questions I posted)

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-05-16 on KAEL
Package: Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ c:/Program Files/emacs/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/)