Re: [O] [gnorb] error when calling `gnorb-report-tracking-usage'

From: Thomas Holst
Subject: Re: [O] [gnorb] error when calling `gnorb-report-tracking-usage'
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 08:31:02 +0200

ยท Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Today I wanted to see how the registy is filled. I called
>> `gnorb-report-tracking-usage'. And got following error:
>>
>>   gnorb-registry-tracked-headings: Symbol's
>>   function definition is void: hash-table-keys
>>
>> After a little search on the web I added:
>>
>>   #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>     (require 'subr-x)
>>   #+end_src
>>
>> to my gnorb config.

> Sorry, I didn't realize that was non-standard, I'll add a require.

>> Again calling `gnorb-report-tracking-usage' I get
>> another error:
>>
>>   eieio-default-superclass: Invalid slot name:
>>   "#<registry-db Gnus Registry>", max-size
>>
>> Well I gave up on this. Couldn't dive deeper :-)
>>

> Ah, the problem here is that the Gnus registry got worked over a few
> months ago, but the changes are only in git master. I'll add a check to
> use the old slot name.
>
> There's a bigger problem, though -- the *reason* the registry got worked
> over is that there was a bug in it. You're supposed to be able to
> prevent some registry entries from getting garbage collected by putting
> a special 'precious tag on them, and that's what Gnorb does to prevent
> your records from getting wiped. In the release version of Gnus,
> however, there's a bug that results in precious entries getting pruned,
> as well. That's fixed in master, but not in the version you're using.
> You might consider using Gnus from git -- or I might consider adding
> a backwards-compatibility clobber-library...

Well I think I will try to install gnus from git repository. But it will
take a while until I will be able to do that.

At the moment I only have a few (< 50) mails associated with org. So I
don't expect a problem here. I just wanted to clean out stuff from my
testings.

Thanks for looking into this. Gnorb really makes my daily work a lot
more easy. To have org notes and all related emails at your fingertips
is sooooo convinient :-)

--
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas