[O] Quoting "_" for html and LaTeX output

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [O] Quoting "_" for html and LaTeX output
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:29:04 -0400

A lot of the information I track in org-mode includes filepaths and names and other strings containing underscore ("_") characters. I'd like to be able to quote these for HTML and LaTeX output, so I don't wind up with unwanted subscripts.

On the other hand, I want the data to be pretty readable within the org buffer, so using \under{} pretty much fails that.

Is there another, more concise way to do this, possible for large stretches of text at a time? I don't want to use an example block, as I still want to format the text and avoid the mono-spaced font.

I understand that "\_" used to work, but doesn't on more recent versions. Any chance of getting that back?

Thanks!
-pd