Re: [O] Using the file as 1st level headline

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [O] Using the file as 1st level headline
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:05:21 +0200

Eric S Fraga writes:

> On Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 19:55, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Have you looked at exporting the sub-tree?  If you define the
> appropriate EXPORT_xxx properties in the sub-tree, it should be
> equivalent to having that sub-tree as a file alone.  Check the export
> options at the top of the help window when you type "C-c C-e ?"

Hmm. Not sure how this is actually working. (By the way C-c C-e ? does
not work for me [orgmode 8.3.1 on Emacs 24.5.1, ArchLinux]). What I have
tried now:

,----test.org

| * TODO Write Article on Test
| ** Title of the Article
| *** First Chapter
| **** First Section of First Chapter
|      Some Text. Some Text. Some Text. Some Text. Some Text. Some Text. Some
|      Text. Some Text. Some Text. Some Text.  Some Text. Some Text. Some
|      Text.
| *************** NEXT Find books on tests             :@library:
| *************** END

`----

This works if I export the subtree with the mark somewhere in the 2nd
line. Otherwise the export would be reduced to the subtree I'm in. The
2nd line must necessarily contain the article title. This makes the
#+TITLE header superfluous.

I could live with such a structure. Even if it means that the first
level of sectioning corresponds to the third org level. What annoys me
more, is the necessity to jump to the 2nd line of the file before doing
an export. Is there a way around this? Maybe by configuring which
subtree to export, no matter where the mark currently is? Is that what
you meant with the EXPORT property definition?

Anyway, thanks for your help. You brought me a good step further. The
rest is a matter of making the solution more convenient.

Sven

--
Sven Bretfeld
Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies