Re: [O] Show presence of zero width spaces using overlay

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Show presence of zero width spaces using overlay
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 15:22:21 +0800

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> I got really interested in org-entities (to deal with the case I
> mentioned in the first email in this thread like \ast{}shrug\ast{})
> and came up with this:

[...]

> Question to the list is: Does this advise mask any useful
> functionality of org-self-insert-command?

This is very cool, in principle! My first reaction would be: people will
probably just want a single command that inserts an entity, either by
name or by the character itself. Tapping into basic keystrokes like this
is very clever, but people only like clever when it's clever exactly the
way they want it, and the more clever a thing is the more opinions
diverge, if that makes sense. Why not just do something like, for
example, `sgml-name-char'?