Re: [O] What is the most practical workflow for capturing things in Mobi

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] What is the most practical workflow for capturing things in Mobileorg and later integrating them into the main files?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 18:52:03 +0200

On Fri, 11-09-2015, at 16:00, Jorge <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi.  When I capture something in MobileOrg, it by default is classified as
> "Captures" and, when I do org-mobile-pull, those captures /silently/ go into
> ~/org/from-mobile.org.  This is bad.
>
> So one workflow would be to write some code that warns me if
> ~/org/from-mobile.org is non-empty, and find a way of hooking it into
> org-mobile-pull.  Then:
> 1) Capture something in MobileOrg
> 2) Do org-mobile-pull
> 3) If the code I wrote as above warns me that ~/org/from-mobile.org is
>    non-empty, then visit it, go through the entries, fix them (adding more
>    information now that I have a real keyboard) and use org-refile.
>
> Is there a more practical and easier option?

That is more or less what I do/what happens in my case:

I get a notification that flagged.org has changed (though I don't recall
ever having configured myself anything explicitly; I guess it is just that
the buffer is open). And when I feel like it, I visit it, add the info
wherever I need to, delete everything from it, and save flagged.org empty.

Best,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte