Re: [O] Favorite way of syncing?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Favorite way of syncing?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:27:51 +0200

Hello,

I’m currently working on a single machine, but I may have a couple
suggestions.

On 2015-09-11 15:59, Tobias Frischholz <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey there!
>
> I was wondering what is your favorite way of syncing your org files and
> everything.
> I’ve checked out unison, but I want more of an automated system that
> synchronizes my two clients via an SSH server.

Have you looked at the “-repeat” option of unison? When I was using
several machines, I was using simple scripts to run when I arrived and
when I left, making sure I was up to date.

> So far, I’ve also read that people use TRAMP in conjunction with an SSH Server
> (and work exclusively on this SSH server).
> I’ve also read about org-sync and magit (git is an option for me).
> And now I’m starting the get confused.
>
> Any helpful thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

The problem with git is that you need to make sure you pull before
starting to make changes. This can also be solved by a script.

Please let us know when you have a working workflow.

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Last week athmospheric CO₂ average (Updated September 9, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.):