Re: [O] HTML export doesn't work when #+TITLE: is added

From: Lee Hinman
Subject: Re: [O] HTML export doesn't work when #+TITLE: is added
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 16:39:45 -0600

Hi Org-ML,

I'm trying to resolve an issue similar to the one here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-08/msg01195.html

Where I cannot export a file with a #+TITLE in it with the latest
org-mode release.

The solution that Kyle refers to[0] is to uninstall and then update
again with the latest org version. Can someone tell me how to do that? I
have tried running emacs with `emacs -q` and even then the older version
of org-mode installed in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org is loaded
so it interferes.

Do I really need to uninstall emacs and then re-install it to be able to
use the newer org-mode version (8.3.1)? Is there not a way to override
the installed version of org-mode with a newer one from ELPA?

0: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-08/msg01196.html

--
;; Lee