Re: [O] Where to get started in creating my own org-mode exporter?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Where to get started in creating my own org-mode exporter?
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 10:22:37 +0200

On 2015-09-08, at 07:54, edward sillador <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to create my own org-mode exporter to support back end for latex
> pgfgantt package. Could someone please point me on a
> tutorial/reference on how to get started?

IIUC, you want to modify the LaTeX exporter.  Hence, you want a /derived
backend/.  See docstring for org-export-define-derived-backend, for
starters.  (If not, see the docstring for org-export-define-backend.)
Then you /might/ want to see the notes for my EmacsConf2015 talk on
making Org-mode exporters (from scratch, not derived ones, but most of
that stuff is really applicable to both) -- see
https://github.com/mbork/ox-oddmuse -- and especially the references
therein.  Then, you /might/ want to skim the sources in ox-latex.  (It's
not extremely long: 2071 SLOC excluding blank lines, comments and
docstrings.  I read most of that, and it took me a bit more than 7
hours.  Also, running some of those functions through Edebug may be
instructive.  And most probably you don't need to read all that code
anyway.)

And then, you may ask here.

> Thank you.

Hth,