[O] org-do-**mote does not work properly on empty headings

From: Konstantin Kliakhandler
Subject: [O] org-do-**mote does not work properly on empty headings
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:55:27 -0500

Hello,

When I start a new heading and don't add text yet but click M-right/M-left, new spaces are tacked to the end so that when I do begin to write, sometimes there are too many spaces at the front.

I tracked this down to org-do-demote/promote, since calling org-promote and org-demote does not appear to suffer from this. I will investigate further and report.

Versions:
Org-mode version 8.3.1 (8.3.1-95-g1dbb25-elpa @ /Users/kosta/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150831/)
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.3.0, Carbon Version 157 AppKit 1347.57) of 2015-06-01 on Singularity-2.local

Steps to reproduce:
1. Make a heading with some text underneath
2. M-Return to create a new heading
3. M-Right, M-Left would get you to the same heading level, but the cursor would be further to the right than started with.

--
Konstantin Kliakhandler
    http://slumpy.org