[O] using dates as property?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] using dates as property?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 07:02:58 -0400

Hi,

I am making a historical list of seminar speakers in an org-file. I am
trying to figure out the best way to store the dates so I can do
something later like find speakers from 2010, or to sort the speakers by
date etc...

Here is an example of my current thoughts. My questions are:

1. are org-timestamps the right approach?
2. are they better in the headline (where they are more easily read) or
as a property?
3. In either case, is there an easy way to search/sort them?

**  Some Person
   :PROPERTIES:
   :FIRSTNAME: Some
   :LASTNAME: Person