Re: [O] org-trigger-hook vs. org-after-todo-state-change-hook

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-trigger-hook vs. org-after-todo-state-change-hook
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:02:35 -0400

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> org-trigger-hook vs. org-after-todo-state-change-hook:
>
> which one to choose?  (I want to execute some code when an item is
> marked as done.)  Why do both of them exist?

The trigger hook functions take a proplist argument which provides a lot
more information to the function than what is available to the
after-todo-state-change functions (which take no argument): the latter
can only know what the new state is going to be (through a global
variable); as a result, they can be much simpler than the trigger
functions, so if you don't need the extra info, after-todo is probably
the way to go.

--
Nick