Re: [O] Bug: Priorities not inheriting [8.3.1 (8.3.1-56-g17a225-elpa @ /

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Priorities not inheriting [8.3.1 (8.3.1-56-g17a225-elpa @ /Users/luke/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150817/)]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:59:49 +0200

Correcting myself,

> AFAIK, PRIORITY never was intended to be inherited. Inheritance applies
> to node properties, i.e. property drawers, whereas special properties,
> like PRIORITY are, by definition, not set through property drawers.

This is incorrect. What I mean is inheritance is not automatic for
special properties, unlike to regular node properties.

In any case, this doesn't depend on `org-use-property-inheritance'. Few
of the special properties are inherited, e.g., BLOCKED, and /always/
are, most are never inherited, e.g. ITEM.

> There is also a technical issue: Org defines a default priority, so
> PRIORITY is never empty. Again, inheritance kicks in when a property is
> undefined at some level. This never happens in this case.

We need to redefine `org-default-prority' to solve this, e.g., the
variable only applies to top-level items.