Re: [O] Stable releases

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Stable releases
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 10:51:55 +0200

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> that I've been releasing it too quickly, after having been inactive
> way too long.

I disagree. Most bugs reported were introduced months ago. Waiting more
wouldn't have helped here.

> So all the advice you got is good, but think of 8.3 as a "come back"
> release, with problems that are largely due to me not paying attention
> enough to all those small details that make a good release.

> In the meantime, `org-latex-with-hyperref' will be back in 8.3.2 as
> I don't see why we needed to remove this option too.

`org-latex-hyperref-template' is more general that
`org-latex-with-hyperref'. Now, we have two variables which can
contradict each other (e.g., setting with-hyperref to t and
hyperref-template to the empty string). This is not very good, IMO.

At the bare minimum `org-latex-with-hyperref' should be an obsolete
alias for `org-latex-hyperref-template', and the latter should support
nil as a possible value.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou