Re: [O] outorg issue

From: Kaushal
Subject: Re: [O] outorg issue
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 20:11:47 +0000

I had submitted a pull request to solve this issue on that author's outshine package page a couple of months back but as Andreas noted, the author hasn't been able to maintain this stuff due to personal reasons.

You can fix this issue by manually making changes in your copy of outshine as per this PR: https://github.com/tj64/outshine/pull/46/files

I use outshine daily and I needed to fix only outshine.el. Probably outorg.el needs a similar fix?

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM Andreas Leha <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> For quite some time now, I have to disable outshine/outorg [1] as it
>> does give me "Before first heading" (complete backtrace [2]) whenever I
>> open an org file followed by more issues actually using org mode.
>
> Copying Thorsten as the author of outshine.el, hopefully he's be able
> to dig deeper.

Thanks, but my hopes are low.  Quoting from the top of outshine's github
readme [1]:

,----
| events in my life forced me away from Emacs and [...] I won't have the
| time to fix issues or code new features (though I will apply patches)
`----

Regards,
Andreas

[1] https://github.com/tj64/outshine