[O] Org Babel blocks exports dollar signs to LaTeX verbatim

From: Matthew MacLean
Subject: [O] Org Babel blocks exports dollar signs to LaTeX verbatim
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:13:52 -0600

When working with Org Babel source code blocks, if I have a dollar sign in my code and export it to PDF using LaTeX, it appears to parse as an internal link. (Maybe?)

This is what it looks like:
Inline image 1
That comes from the following source code block:

    #+BEGIN_SRC sql :eval no :var id=1
      SELECT * FROM blah
        WHERE id=$id
    #+END_SRC

The resulting LaTeX from the source code block is:

    \begin{minted}[]{sql}
    SELECT * FROM blah
      WHERE id=$id
    \end{minted}

I have verified that SQL is not the only block type to do this by having a Ruby block with nothing except a "$" in it, and got the same result.

This happens as late as commit 682bb962f3934cd50d28a9b2d0b0e0fb85746a03 with Pygments 1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu1 and the Minted included with texlive-latex-extra 2013.20140215-2 on Linux Mint 17.2 and Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64).

I have attached my Org Mode config (Not the actual config, but a few setqs and a list of things that customize spits out), the test Org file, its output, as well as the PDF generated from that.

Is this a bug? Or is there something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks.