[O] Problem (bug?) evaluating octave code ("function name does not agree

From: Tomas Grigera
Subject: [O] Problem (bug?) evaluating octave code ("function name does not agree with file name)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:42:11 -0300

Hello list,

I am a very happy user of orgmode and babel.  I recently picked up a
document from last year, and found that code blocks that used to
evaluate fine now don't.  A code block like this

#+BEGIN_SRC octave
1;
function y=dup(x)
  y=2*x;
end

dup(2)
#+END_SRC

fails with

: warning: function name 'dup' does not agree with function file name ''
: error: 'dup' undefined near line 1 column 1

on evaluating, despite the "1;" trick at the beginning.  Saving to
foo.m and running from octave works fine.

I'm using

Emacs 24.4.1
Org-mode version 8.3.1 (8.3.1-56-g17a225-elpa)
GNU Octave, version 3.8.2

There has been some change, of which I am unaware, in the way babel
handles this block that leads to this behaviour.  However, it seems to
me that it is a well-formed block and should evaluate fine.  Am I
wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tomas