Re: [O] Org 8.3.1 HTML export options

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [O] Org 8.3.1 HTML export options
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 15:24:38 +0200

Hi Scott,

Scott Randby <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, that worked, but now I have to change the code on a huge
> number of files. It is hard to consider something a feature when it
> breaks a long accepted practice. It certainly isn't a good feature in
> my view. In fact, it is a terrible feature. I started doing it using
> the COMMENT headline for options because I'd seen it done by many
> other people.

My bad, I forgot to clearly document this change when releasing 8.3.1.

This is now documented in etc/ORG-NEWS -- I'll update the website
changelogs when releasing 8.3.2.

As for the change itself, I cannot find the discussion about it on the
mailing list, if someone finds a pointer, thanks.

Let's experiment how "bad" this change is for you and others for the
next few weeks and see if the pain is just the effect of getting used
to it or if it is really bad.  It is not set in stone.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien