Re: [O] [gnorb] completion for `gnorb-gnus-incoming-do-todo'

From: Thomas Holst
Subject: Re: [O] [gnorb] completion for `gnorb-gnus-incoming-do-todo'
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:19:48 +0200

Hi Eric,

· Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

>> thanks for the gnorb package! I started using it and I like it a lot!
>>
>> When I call `gnorb-gnus-incoming-do-todo' from gnus I'm prompted for a
>> headline. But completion is not working. Neither <TAB> nor M-j does
>> anything.
>>
>> How can I get completion working? Completion is working for org-refile.
>>
>> I have no settings customized. Only key bindings as suggested.
>>
>> Thank you for looking into this!
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Glad to hear you're liking Gnorb! Can you tell me a few things about
> your setup?
>
> 1. What versions of the packages are you using? Org and Gnorb?

I use most recent git versions:

Org-mode version 8.3.1 (release_8.3.1-56-g046110 @
/home/thommy/git-emacs/org-mode/lisp/)

gnorb: most recent git version

> 2. Are you using any special completion packages (ido, iswitchb,
> helm)?

I mostly use helm. But for refile I use following settings since I
found helm not really working here:

#+begin_src emacs_lisp
  ;;
  ;; settings für org-refile
  ;;
  (setq org-refile-use-outline-path 'file)
  (setq org-refile-targets
        '((org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 3)
          (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files . (:maxlevel . 3))
          (nil :maxlevel . 5)))

  ; Allow refile to create parent tasks with confirmation
  (setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes (quote confirm))
#+end_src

> 3. Can you confirm that the prompt where you're seeing failure is
>    "Trigger heading:"?

I see: "Trigger heading (default Reparaturen):"

> I assume that putting point after this sexp and running "C-x C-e" gets
> you a fully functional completion prompt, is that true?
>
> (org-refile-get-location "Trigger heading" nil t)

Yes with helm interface. But again completion is not functional.

Now when I press `g' at the begin of a headline I get:

"Refile subtree "Erträge" to (default Reperaturen):"

With regular (no helm) completion (<TAB> completes) working.

> Thanks for your help in tracking this down!

Again thank you for looking into this! I really apreciate your help and
gnorb package which makes my work a lot easier"

--
  Thomas