Re: [O] How would you export one headline every time that you tangle the

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] How would you export one headline every time that you tangle the file?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:34:26 -0700

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015, Grant Rettke wrote:

Good afternoon,

I've got an org file. It has a bunch of headlines. There is on
headline names README.

I want to do something every time I tangle the file. I want to:

- Go to that headline
- Select set the region to the contents of that headline (org-mark-subtree)
- Export the contents using the Github Flavored Markup to the file README.md.

If this is a one-off, I'd write a babel block like this and put it under the headline of that subtree:

#+NAME: tangle-and-export-readme
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle no :exports none
(org-babel-tangle)
(require 'ox-gfm)
(org-export-to-file 'gfm "README.md" nil t)
#+END_SRC

Then when you want to tangle,

C-c C-v g tangle-and-export-readme RET C-c C-c y

will do it. (Assuming contrib is on the load path, of course.)

You can use TAB completion with `C-c C-v g'.

HTH,

Chuck