Re: [O] eval source blocks in a subtree when opening file

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: Re: [O] eval source blocks in a subtree when opening file
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 16:06:35 +0200

On Tue, Aug 04 2015, Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Aug 2015, Tamas Papp wrote:
>
>> I would like to do the following: whenever I open the file in Emacs, I would
>> like to eval all the source blocks under the heading Setup.
>>
>> I have found org-babel-execute-subtree, but I cannot figure out how to call
>> it on the subtree "Setup" from a local eval.
>
> Name the first block in the subtree "start setup" (say).
>
> Then
>
> # Local Variables:
> # eval: (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "start setup")
> # eval: (org-babel-execute-subtree)
> # End:

Thanks! I found that I can also assign an ID to the section, and then
use

# eval: (progn (org-id-goto ...some-id...) (org-babel-execute-subtree))

It looks like I need the progn for it to work reliably (don't know why).

I am wondering if it would be possible to break a line in Local
Variables, but

# eval: (progn (org-id-goto ...some-id...) \
#              (org-babel-execute-subtree))

didn't work.

Best,

Tamas