Re: [O] org-html-use-unicode-chars breaks source code blocks

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-html-use-unicode-chars breaks source code blocks
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 11:56:31 +0200

> Hello,
>
> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Vladimir Alexiev <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I've set org-html-use-unicode-chars since I want ox-html to leave IRIs as
>>> IRIs.
>>> But this has another undesired effect: it breaks <URL> references in code,
>>> since it doesn't escape the brackets.
>>
>> I think this should only apply to entities.  Any reason to do it on the
>> whole output?  Nicolas?
>
> It was introduced in e8742b78e0a982a7fca0bf25b4f3551be58660ef. I'm not
> sure about the intent of this variable but I tend to think it is about
> beautification of the output. As a consequence, it isn't meant to apply
> to Org entities specifically.
>
> However, as you noticed, it is not subtle enough to apply
> `mm-url-decode-entities' on the full output. It needs to be applied
> piece-wise wherever that makes sense. `org-html-entity' is one case.
> Maybe `org-html-plain-text' for another one.

OK.  I added it to plain-text as well.  What is an example of a plain-text
that would need beautification?

Should we apply it to snippets as well?  In the spirit of "beautification"
it would make sense, but it could also seem like a bad choice.

Rasmus

--
Slowly unravels in a ball of yarn and the devil collects it