Re: [O] Trouble with autofill mode

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Trouble with autofill mode
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 08:47:14 -0400

I turned off auto-fill everywhere many years ago (it messed up my code
blocks in org-mode too much. I usually write them in org-mode, not the
programming mode). I use (global-visual-line-mode 1)

I cannot think of any issues that causes. I even have an
unfill-paragraph to fix what my students do ;) I cannot say I seen many
advantages with git with this, but we usually have one paragraph on a
line.  One day I just need to learn how to do word-based diffs/merge for
text, instead of line-based.

The only exception to auto-fill i can think of is in mu4e, where emails to get
filled
so they fit in about an 80 character field.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F