Re: [O] Special blocks with options in LaTeX export

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Special blocks with options in LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:50:26 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>> I am trying to export special blocks with options.  But it seems the
>> options part is being ignored completely.  I expect the following:
>>
>>   #+begin_aside :options {Combinatorial background}
>>   It is all random!
>>   #+end_aside
>>
>> to be exported as:
>>
>>   \begin{aside}{Combinatorial background}
>>   It is all random!
>>   \end{aside}
>>
>> However what I get is without the extra argument to the environment.
>>
>> Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
>
> #+attr_latex: :options test
>
> #+begin_aside
> random
> #+end_aside

I think Suvayu uncovers something interesting: how do we give a "title"
to such an admonition (note, warning, tip, sidebar, etc.)?

If we want to export our document to multiple backends, we would be
forced to have:

  #+attr_html: :options {By the way...}
  #+attr_latex: :options {By the way...}
  #+attr_odt: :options {By the way...}
  #+begin_note
  This is a useful note (with a title).
  #+end_note

Wouldn't it make more sense to get the title as part of the admonition,
as Suvayu tried it in his OP?

  #+begin_note :options {By the way...}
  This is a useful note (with a title).
  #+end_note