[O] email ui choices?

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] email ui choices?
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:16:29 -0400

Hi,

I still use thunderbird for email and will continue to do so for a while -- likely until concurrency is well-enough established that my mail client hanging doesn't stop me from working.

However: I am jealous of the ease with which everyone emails subtrees around, and I would like to be able to do that.  My current usecase is marking student papers. I havea macro that generates this subtree

** Student name

| Clarity of Thesis | |
| Organization | |
| Presentation of Evidence | |
| Etc | |

I want to fill out this form, key in a command, and have emacs prompt me for an email (or look the email up somewhere?) and generate a mail buffer with this subtree as its contents; optionally attach a .doc or .pdf attachement; and send the htmlized buffer for me, saving the sent mail either to my IMAP Sent folder or my local mbox Sent folder.

It would be nice if it had access to my contacts, either via GMail or through thunderbbird (those are synced, I think).

What's my best bet?

Thanks as always,
Matt