Re: [O] Publishing: building navigation menus and lists of files

From: giles
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing: building navigation menus and lists of files
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:13:15 +0100

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> I am hoping to finally transition some of my websites to static sites
> published directly from org finally!). one thing I would really like is to
> automatically build menus and perhaps index files based on the directory
> structure I'm exporting from.

I'm half way there with one of my websites.  Like you, I wanted to
insert a menu based on the file's location within my directory tree.
The solution I came up with was to use the html_preamble
(http://orgmode.org/manual/HTML-preamble-and-postamble.html).  I got
side tracked and only got as far as inserting an identical menu for each
file, but my intention remains to use a function to consider the file's
location in my directory structure and generate a menu accordingly.

Hmm - job for this evening perhaps.

--
Giles Chamberlin