Re: [O] [patch, ox-latex] caption and :float nil

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [patch, ox-latex] caption and :float nil
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:17:17 +0200

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I’ve done some more investigation.  By default, minted uses
> \newfloat from the float package to create the listing float class.
> This does not set up the caption integration.  OTOH, adding the newfloat
> option to minted uses \DeclareFloatingEnvironment from the newfloat
> package, which works.  IOW, replacing the relevant line in your MWE with
> the following makes it work:
>
> \usepackage[newfloat]{minted}
>
> I’m not sure how that should be integrated in the picture – perhaps org
> should recommend (require) this invocation of minted.

That's weird.  The capt-of documentation recommend the float.sty way of
adding new environments.

>> I guess it doesn't.  In any, minted.sty has
>>
>>   \RequirePackage{float}
>>
>> So we can be sure [H] is available.  Thus, we should just rely on
>> float.
>
> But this is an implementation detail of minted, and could change in a
> future release.

That's a good point.

I updated the patches.

1. Rework captions when float is nil and caption is not.  Kill usage of
   [H] as it's the same as a nonfloat.  A src block is always a nonfloat
   unless it is not.
2. Update documentation.
3. Kill float dependency.

Does anybody disagree to especially the third change?  Otherwise I'll push
it.

Rasmus

--
Together we will make the possible totalllly impossible!