Re: [O] Tangling takes long - profiling and calling R

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Tangling takes long - profiling and calling R
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:03:03 +0100

Hello all,

2015ko ekainak 16an, Rainer M Krug-ek idatzi zuen:
> I don't think that it is that easy, as the new syntax is not equivalent
> to the old syntax. One example; defining one tangle target for the mother
> tree, and others for the child trees. This is by no means trivial (or
> even possible) with the new syntax, while it would be possible with the
> old syntax (if I remember correctly).

The last thread we had about this
<http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden>, we discussed some of
the differences.  Achim believed that some of them were due to bugs in
the property API, but these have not been fixed (AFAIK).

There is also a semantic difference in the two approaches as to whether
a remote invocation of a babel block (via e.g. #+call) uses the
properties from the block’s document position, or from the call’s.

Before deprecating the feature, the bugs should be fixed (if they are
really bugs), and the semantic differences explicated better.

--
Aaron Ecay