Re: [O] problem with ox-pandoc export

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] problem with ox-pandoc export
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 09:31:35 +0200

On 2015-06-29 20:54, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> There is an `org-pandoc-template' already, it just does not deal with
>> the metadata used in `org-org-template'. I was thinking of reusing
>> `org-org-template' directly, but if I understand your suggestion, we
>> should just copy that code in `org-pandoc-template'. Is this correct?
>
> Correct.
>
> Also, I don't think you need /exactly/ `org-org-template', since pandoc
> probably uses another syntax for meta-data, doesn't it?

I don't think so. This is the way ox-pandoc works (format is the target
format):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (org-export-to-file 'pandoc (org-export-output-file-name
                               (concat (make-temp-name ".tmp") ".org") s)
    a s v b e (lambda (f) (org-pandoc-run-to-buffer-or-file f format s
buf-or-open)))
#+end_src

In short, it exports the org file to another temporary org file (using
the pandoc exporter that inherits from the org exporter), then it calls
the pandoc binary to convert from org to the target format. The first
step (org to temporary org) is used to extract some information from the
org file that is used in further steps (like creating a custom CSS or
adding arguments to the call to the pandoc binary).

The problem seems to be that the org to org export part is not the
identity. Calling `org-org-template' in `org-pandoc-template' solves the
issue.

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Athmospheric CO₂ average (2015-05-30, Mauna Loa Observatory): 403.41 ppm