Re: [O] another example of org being slow, with some analysis

From: Daniel Bausch
Subject: Re: [O] another example of org being slow, with some analysis
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 08:48:27 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Friday, 19 Jun 2015 at 10:28, Daniel Bausch wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> If anyone could give me a hint how to reliably set the preferred (or
>> internal) encoding I could check wether it might have something to do
>> with the system locale.
>
> I have (only) the following encoding related settings in my
> initialisation, some of which are very historical and may or may not be
> needed...
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)
>   (set-charset-priority 'unicode)
>   (setq default-process-coding-system '(utf-8-unix . utf-8-unix))
> #+end_src
>
> I think the first one is the most important.

Thank you for the code, but unfortunately it does not help.  The first
line I already had and adding the other two did not help either.
Executing M-x prefer-coding-system interactively works and that is what
I am doing each day.  Maybe I will look again how to set the expected
LC_... environment variables for emacs daemon.

Regards,
Daniel
--
MSc. Daniel Bausch