Re: [O] allow italic quote marks? org-emphasis-regexp-components

From: Kaushal
Subject: Re: [O] allow italic quote marks? org-emphasis-regexp-components
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:02:32 +0000

A quick google search comes up this these:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/83440/inputenc-error-unicode-char-u8-not-set-up-for-use-with-latex
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/4268/inputenc-error-unicode-char-u8-error-while-trying-to-write-a-degree-symbol

Based on those solutions, may be you can add

\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{200b}{}
I haven't tried it, so cannot guarantee if that will work.

I regularly generate pdfs and almost all of my org documents would be using 0x200b somewhere. If a pdf generates fine without any visible artifacts and with all content as expected, I do not look into the tex compilation logs.

This time I checked the log and I don't get that error, but a warning instead. Note that I also use XeTeX which has unicode support. Below is a snippet from my log:

This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99991 (TeX Live 2014) (preloaded format=xelatex)
 \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(/home/kmodi/sandbox/org/italic_quotes.tex
LaTeX2e <2014/05/01>
Babel <3.9k> and hyphenation patterns for 2 languages loaded.
(/home/kmodi/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/home/kmodi/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size11.clo))
(/home/kmodi/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/inputenc.sty

Package inputenc Warning: inputenc package ignored with utf8 based engines.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:49 AM Myles English <address@hidden> wrote:

Marcin Borkowski writes:

> On 2015-06-18, at 05:19, Kaushal <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The solution is simpler than you think; you simply need to add ZERO WIDTH
>> SPACE unicode char between / and " (beginning) and " and / (end).

Thanks for your detailed answer Kaushal.  I hadn't heard of a 'zero
length space' before.

> Won't it break the LaTeX export?

I seems to work and manages to produce a pdf but does give this error:

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:​ not set up for use with LaTeX.

Myles